Einbau CAMLO Innenkotflügel UNDERSHIELD FITTINGIN STRUCTIONS MINI CLUBMAN
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1. The shields are marked (R) + (L). (R) Right Hand (Driver's side) - (L) Left Hand (Passenger's side)
2. Jack up the car and remove the road wheels. Place axle stands underneath for safety.
3. Clean out the wheel arches carefully. We recommend treating the underwings with a waxed-based rust inhibitor as an additional safeguard.
4. In an unsupported state, the shields have a tendency to 'curl up' whilst in storage.The material is quite flexible and will soon regain its original shape once fitted to the car.
5. Push the undershield up into the wheel arch. The cutaway portion fits over the shock absorber bracket. The front half of the shield should be fitted first. This Is achieved by twisting the shield to clear the lower edge of the front panel. A degree of force is required to achieve this, be careful not to damage the wing edge during this stage. Manoeuvre the shield until the best fit is achieved.
6. Study the diagram for suggested drilling areas. A minimum of four fixing points is recocucended. Lift the carpet away from the footwells when drilling in those areas, and study the inner wings carefully to avoid damage to the radiator, wiring loom etc.
7. Drill 3/16" (4.5mm) holes as required through the undershield and into the inner wing. Push the drive rivet in and tap the pin through until flush with the head of the rivet. This expands the rivet., locking the shield into place. If preferred, self-tapping screws or pop rivets can be used but they will encourage rust.
8. On hydrolastic models, it is advisable to install a support bracket where the shock absorber mounting is fitted to rubber suspended cars.
9. If additional radiator cooling is required (normally not neccesary), a portion of the shield can be removed without detriment to its strength.
SUGGESTED FIXING POINTS
THANK YOU FOR PURCHASING CAMLO PRODUCTS.